Skip to main content
Question

How do you convert Qualtrics rank results to picklist and text fields?

• 23 August 2024
  • 2 replies

I am working on moving survey results from Qualtrics into our Salesforce CRM system. In Qualtrics, we allow respondents to rank their preferences for programming/contact methods/etc. 

In Zapier, each of these comes in as it’s own item, instead of a response to the one question. 

My current solution is using the utilities tool to convert each of these to a text value and then combine them into a text field that recombines them: 

This works, but it isn’t really sustainable since we have a number of these rank choice questions so doing this for each question won’t work great and doesn’t end up with them in rank order. 

I ideally want to be able, for each of these rank questions, to end up with a text box that has the ranking results listed in order. Is there an easier/better/more sustainable way to do this? 

I know there is the table function, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to use it when Zapier is viewing these as their own fields.

Hi @heatherolsen 

The solution would likely involve using a custom Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

The 1 Code step can handle all the different variables and desired logic.

Hey @heatherolsen, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Just wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on with this? Were you able to solve this using a Code step as Troy suggested? 

Want to ensure you’re all set so please let us know whether you’re still in need of any help at all! 🙂