Best answer

How do we sync Wix contacts with Google Workspace contacts?

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I want to automatically sync our contacts in Wix with the contacts in our Google Workspace, which is attached to our Wix website as a “Business Email”.

Is there any existing Zap that does this?

One problem is that Google Workspace doesn’t seem to offer shared contacts, i.e. the Contacts app is tied to an individual user and you can’t have a contact list that’s shared between all users. So I’m looking for Zap that would automagically keep every user’s contacts up to date with the contacts list in our Wix website.

icon

Best answer by SamB 31 March 2023, 11:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @biepa, welcome to the Community! 

Ah, I did some checking and it doesn’t look like there are any actions for the Wix Automation app that would allow you to create/update contacts on your Wix website. So at the moment it doesn’t seem like this workflow is going to be possible here. So sorry for the bad news here. 

We do have a feature request for that type of action to be added so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises as to when that might be added but we’ll definitely email you to let you know as soon as it is!

In the meantime, it looks like you might be able to share access to your Google Contacts using the Delegate access option under settingsGive another user access to your contacts

Hope that helps! 🙂

Thanks Sam, I worked out how to share my own contacts within our workspace, but it’s a pain to manually keep them in sync with our Wix contacts.

Hard to believe that Wix uses Google Workspace for their Business Email feature but doesn’t provide an easy way for workspace members to use the Wix contacts. How are we supposed to easily contact people who come to our website??

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @biepa 

You may check the notification apps available to create a Zap:

https://zapier.com/apps/categories/communication