Best answer

How do we set up our own events in MS Dynamics 365 CRM?

• 13 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all! 

We are attempting to link Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM to Google Ads, to track offline conversions but have fallen at the first hurdle. 

The event we need to use is not appearing in the pre-set list below, is there any way to set up your own events?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 16 June 2022, 23:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Polaris 

Good question.

Have you tried using Webhooks as described in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/use-webhooks?view=op-9-1

Zap trigger would be Webhook - Catch Hook

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Polaris! As Troy mentioned, it is possible to use webhooks to connect to apps and bring data into Zaps, though that’s quite an advanced option. 

Can I ask what event/action you’d like to see for the MS Dynamics 365 integration? I can’t promise that we can add it, but I can check to see if there’s already a feature request for it. Thanks!

Thanks both for the quick reply, I will look into using webhooks. 

We need an event for ‘Enquiry Updated’, if there is a pre-set feature that would be brilliant. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing that, @Polaris!

I did some digging and wasn’t able to locate an open feature request for “Update Enquiry”. Wish I had better news but it sounds as if this particular workflow may not be achievable at the moment. 😔 

If you do end up finding success whether through the webhooks route or another means, we’d love to know though!