Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to find contacts in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM only via the email address.

But I have to fill out name and surname. Is there currently a possibility to search for a contact in this way? With leads, I can search for an email address. But that doesn't help me in my use case with CleverReach.

Thank you in advance and many greetings

Hi @HSBA 

Good question.

Only fields marked as required or indicated as conditionally required expect values.

I have exactly the same issue. In our CRM, email, name, surname and mobile number are compulsory, and yet I only want the process to look and find contacts via the email. Impossible to do?

Hi @FelixProject 

Did you try this Zap action?

The problem is that I can't search for an email address from the start. Even if I use the field you suggest. As soon as I use Create Contact, the first name and surname become mandatory fields. But I don't have them in my use case. I only receive the email address via a form and want to use it to find a contact in the CRM and customise a field there. So I would have to fill the first name and surname with dummy data? Would that be a solution? However, it would then create useless contacts in the CRM.

Hi there @HSBA,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Currently, the Dynamics CRM uses all of the fields in the “Find” section of the “Find or Create Contact” action to make sure we find an accurate match.

While you can leave many of the fields blank for the search, I'm afraid it isn't currently possible to search using only the email address, as “Name” is a required value.

With that being said, we do have an open feature request for the “Find or Create Contact” action to add an option to only match on email address. I have added you and @FelixProject to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Hey folks, 

I have good news - a new option has been added to Find or Create Contact (Microsoft Dynamics) actions to allow you to search by email only:
500600a95d732f4ac93a718fce768490.png

We hope you’re able to give that new option a try soon. And if you run into any trouble with it, please start a new topic in the Community here, or contact our Support team directly, to let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡️