Skip to main content

I really don't understand how linked records work, because inside zapier tables I can change the field to select the record, but when I go to Interfaces the field is shown as "read only" so i cannot link the records. Even more, that occurs if a create a new record o try to change an existing one. Another issue I have is that a tried to have a field in one table to only show the data of another field in another table, to select from (same feature as linked records but with a dropdown menu and without the linking feature). But in both cases, linked records and the dropdown menu from another table, Zapier doesn't recognize the data in the field, is like that information is not included in the table and, therefor i cannot search in interfaces for it or reference it in zaps. thanks for the help.

Hi and welcome to the Community @Otero! 🎉

I can see that you also reached out to our Support team about this and they suggested using a dropdown type of field instead of a linked field:

“A Linked Record field lets you create a relationship between two different tables. You can use the content of the other table to fill or update records of your current table. 

However, I'm wondering if, in the current workflow, a dropdown menu using the Gestión (judiciales) as a source will help. Could you please let me know if there is a specific reason for using a linked field instead of a dropdown?”

That said, in your latest reply to them it sounded like that’s wouldn’t be a viable option as you’re not able to search a dropdown field with a Zap, but you’ve implemented workaround:

“Meanwhile, I'm using a zap to copy the information I put in the dropdown menu into another text field called the same, so i can search both in interfaces and in zaps, but it is not an elegant solution.”

So it seems like you may have figured out an interim solution to this, is that the case?  

Looking forward to hearing from you!

That’s the case, but It would be better to have in Interfaces the same funtionality than in Tables for linked fields.

Hi @Otero,

It would be best to relay this information to our Zapier Tables team since they are the ones who are more equipped with the Zapier Tables app at this time.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.