Best answer

How do I Zap comments on Trello to Airtable?

• 24 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to see if there is a way to automatically pull comments from a Trello card into Airtable. Is that something anyone knows how to automate?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 October 2022, 23:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @melragent 

Good question.

Have you tried using the Zap trigger: Trello - New Comment in Card

I did - but I would not figure out what Data to select to pull the comment in. It also looked like anything I pulled in would not go in the comments field - so I went to put it in the Notes Field. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@melragent 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured and the available data points in order to have proper context.

Will do my best (and thank you in advance for helping! I am brand new to Airtable and Zapier so this may just be newbiew error).

I followed the “New Comment in Card” ppath you showed above. The Trello set us was easy. Where I got lost was on the airtable side. I set up to pull in comments into the Notes area of my Airtable (seemed like the best place - but if there was a way to pull it in as a comment that would be better).

What throws me the most is what to select under insert data. This is the initial list that shows:

But when I hit Show All Options and filter down to ones with Comment in it… there are so many choices I was not sure what to select. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@melragent 

There is no Airtable Zap (or API) action available to create a Comment on an Airtable record.

Help article about how to change your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

The mapped variable below has a value of “No data” meaning it’s empty/blank/null.

Use Data Text for the individual Trello Card Comment.

Use Card First Comment Data for the most recent Trello Card Comment.

Use Card Comments Data Text for all of the Trello Card Comments.

You are a saint! Thank you thank you thank you.