Question

How do I utilize the Transfer schedule to move data from Salesforce to Notion?

• 12 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Nice to meet you.
I am new to Transfer.
As the title says, I would like to transfer data from Salesforce to notion.

I would like to transfer data from Salesforce to notion.

I set the scheduling for 1:00am, but once the data is migrated, there is no need for scheduling because the zap is already created.

If not, what I want to do is move the data from Salesforce to the notion database and then if there are additions on the Salesforce side, I want to add them to notion as well.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Depending on the data you are wanting to have updated from Salesforce to Notion,  you would need to select as the first step the appropriate Salesforce trigger.

Then as second step create an action which would update Notion

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @takaharu, welcome to the Community! 🎉

If scheduling isn’t required then for the How many times do you want your Transfer to run? section you’d want to choose the Run once option, instead of the Schedule option.

Then you can set up a Zap that triggers when there’s a new addition to Salesforce and add this information into Notion. For example:

• Trigger: New Record (Salesforce) runs when a new record of a specific type is added into Salesforce.
  • Action: Create Database Item (Notion) Adds a new item into Notion using the information supplied by the Salesforce trigger step.

To add to Harsh2’s suggestion, if you’re instead wanting to update existing items then you’d need to use a Find Database Item to find the ID for the item you wish to update. Then in the Item field on the Update Database Item action you’d choose the custom value option and select the ID field from the Find Database Item. This will allow the Zap update the same item that is found by the Find Database Item search action.

If you run into any issues on setting that up just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Understood. By the way, if that is the case, when would you use the TRANSFER scheduling function?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @takaharu! Great question!

Here’s the blog announcement when the Transfer schedule feature was released. It goes over how it works and a few scenarios where it would be appropriate to use it.

I hope some of this helps! 🧡

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Just wanted to share a quick update on the scheduled transfers function as it was discussed here previously: scheduled transfers will be deprecated on January 15, 2024. Any existing scheduled transfers will continue to run up until that point, but as of today, it won’t be possible to create new scheduled transfers.

To avoid disruption, any currently active scheduled transfers will be migrated into new Zaps that can perform the same workflow. You can learn more about the changes to scheduled transfers here

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime!