Question

How do I use Zapier to search for a file in a new Dropbox folder and email it to two people?

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m looking to search each time a new folder is created in Dropbox. I want to look for one file and email that file and only that file to two people.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @John2243 

Please clarify your question.

We have multiple users in our Dropbox accounts. When they meet with a new client they create a folder in Dropbox and copy PDF files into the folder. There is one file that when saved in the folder we need to email to two other employees. 

What I’m looking to do is to scan new folders in Dropbox and look for that file. When the file is found, email those two employees with a copy of the file.

Most of our employees are low tech and forget or can’t email the file. We are trying to setup this up to prevent them forgetting or not doing it correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John2243

The Zap trigger for Dropbox New File in Folder works on a per Folder basis only.

Yes, I looked into that Zap. I was wondering what other options I have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John2243 

It may make more sense to configure a form, and have someone fill out the form and provide the desired files.

An automation could be configured to find the existing folder and add the files, plus send the email.