Skip to main content
Question

How do I use Zapier to search Airtable and prefill Jotform fields?

• 11 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello All,

I have a (hopefully) quick easy question.

I have tried to build the following zap, but I am on a free trial and can't continue unless I subscribe (Multi Step Zaps).  This is probably the only thing I will use Zapier for (at this stage), and don't want to subscribe if I can't do the following...

• User enters and email address in a Jotform form, and clicks Next in the page break.
  • This triggers Zapier to search an Airtable Base to find the record associated with the email address
  • If found, returns data (name, address, phone etc) back to Jotform and prefills Jotform fields on the form where the user entered the email address.
  • If no record is found, Jotform just goes to the next page.

I am not looking for help to build the zap (at least not yet), but just need to know if it might be possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, TT

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BPH 

The available Jotform Zap app triggers happen once a form is completed.

Jotform Zap app available triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/jotform/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Thank you for your reply Troy,

When you say the zap triggers on submission, does that mean I won't be able to do the following…

• User enters an email address in a Jotform form, and clicks Next in the page break.
  • This triggers Zapier to search an Airtable Base to find the record associated with the email address

Cheers, TT

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BPH 

In Jotform, clicking for the next page is not a form submission.

Hi Troy,

I understand that clicking next is not a form submission, but my question is…

Is submitting the form the only way to trigger a zap?

In other words, the steps I outlined above won't work because I can't trigger the ZAP until they finish and submit the form?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me, greatly appreciated.

Cheers, TT

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BPH 

For the available Zap app triggers, these are the only events to trigger a Zap:

• New Submission
  • New Signed Document

Thanks Troy.