Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I use Zapier to create Wrike tasks from Google Doc checklists that already create Google Tasks?

• 25 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have meeting notes that I take in a Google Doc as checklist items.  From those checklist items in the Google Doc, I can automatically create a task which will create a task for me in Google Tasks.  I want Tasks that are created this way to automatically create the same task in Wrike.  Is this possible?  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MechelleC 

GTasks: https://zapier.com/apps/google-tasks/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Wrike: https://zapier.com/apps/wrike/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Try these Zap steps:

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, the problem comes in because I’m creating a task from a Google Doc and the Zap will not recognize a task that was created from a Google Doc, even though it does appear on my Google Task list.  I think it has something with Google Docs.  If I manually create the task directly onto Google Tasks, that zap works fine.  It’s when they are automatically created from a Google Doc that it’s not working.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MechelleC,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Google Task integration does not currently support tasks created from a Google Doc. However, there is an existing feature request for this functionality.

I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here:

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the bug report.

Hopefully, this helps!