Question

How do I use VLOOKUP in Microsoft Excel with Zapier after switching from Google Drive to SharePoint?

• 23 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We are moving from Google Drive to Sharepoint.

The issue I am facing is I currently have pricing calculator data being zapped into a Google Sheet. This google sheet has a vlookup set up using an autoarray to find client email addresses.

Now that we have switched to sharepoint/excel we cannot use the autoarray as the Zap puts the pricing calculator data in row 15,000 instead as it can see a formula in the other rows. My initial thoughts were to just put an excel search formula into the Zap.  The problem with this is then the cell reference is incorrect. Eg =VLOOKUP(B2,Table_6[#All],1,FALSE). This means it will always enter what is in B2. I’ve tried having it say B2:B3000 but this turns it back into an autoarray.

Does anyone have a simple solution here?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @hk.cps

It sounds like you’d need to change the formula so that the cell references are dynamic. There’s a post in Community that describes how to use dynamic cell references in formulas here: 

The examples there use Google Sheets but the same method can be applied to Microsoft Excel actions. 

Can you give that a try and let us know if that approach works for you? If I’ve misunderstood what you’re after here or you run into any issues on implementing that in your Zap just let us know. Really happy to help further! 🙂