Question

How do I use the sender's number in the subject line without starting a new email thread?

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I am currently creating an SMS to Email Service.

I want it to be in one thread like if there is someone sent me an SMS to my email, the subject line would be the sender’s number and it will not create a new e-mail thread when the number is already existing in my mailbox.

Is there any way I can do this? The Zap for SMS to Email is already working. The only problem is when someone replies to my message using their phone it will just create a new e-mail with the same subject line which I want to be as a reply email. 

The technology that I am using is Twilio and Outlook.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Check if show as conversion is turned on in outlook. Below link has detailed steps to turn it on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/view-email-messages-by-conversation-0eeec76c-f59b-4834-98e6-05cfdfa9fb07

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Quentin Sanders! I wanted to pop in and see if this helped to resolved what you were looking for?

Full transparency, I’m not aware of anyway Zapier could achieve this so I think that may be the best solution for ya.

Either way, keep us posted! 🤗