Question

How do I use Google SSO to add external authentication to a Zapier Interfaces chatbot?

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

As the title says, I'm wondering how I can setup external authentication methods with a chatbot interface I created. My use case will be that the bot itself will be accessible via a URL link on a Shopify website. From what I've seen, you're able to use custom domains with the advanced features of Interface (I'm in the process of finding someone from Zapier that can assist me with upgrading to this package) provided that I can attach my own custom domain to the chatbot to use for my own needs, is it possible to put authentication in front of the weblink using tools like google SSO or something similar? does Zapier interfaces support this feature?

If not, what would be the best option regarding authentication? I find the existing methods a bit janky from a business perspective, and I'm looking for a seamless solution. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Kream, welcome to the Community! 🎉

It sounds like you’re wanting people to login in before they are able to access the chatbot, is that correct?

If so, I’d have thought you could just embed the chatbot (requires a paid Interfaces plan) inside a page on your Shopify site that’s set up to require people to be logged in, in order to access that page. Then you’d have your custom domain pointed the page that contains the embedded chatbot. See our Embed a chatbot on a webpage guide for more details on that aspect of it.

Do you think that approach could work or am I misunderstanding what you’re wanting to do here?

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply! I guess I could give this a try, thank you :) 

Is it possible to achieve the above without embedding the bot on the page and simply restricting/redirecting users to a login portal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Kream! There isn’t that kind of functionality available at present and I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for this. So I’d recommend reaching out to the Interfaces team directly to ask that they open up a feature request for that on your behalf. You can contact them here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

In the meantime, the only way to have the chatbot behind a login portal would be to embed it on your website on a password/login protected page. Sorry to not have a better alternative to suggest, but hope this helps to clarify what’s currently possible. 🙂