Best answer

How do I use email address (not name) from Cognito Form to link Zoho Books invoice to existing customer?

• 12 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a Zap that creates an invoice in Zoho Books whenever a Submit button is clicked in a Cognito Form.  Currently I’m pulling in The customer name from the form to fill the customer field in the Zoho invoice.  Returning customers often misspell their name in the Cognito form and we end up with multiple customer accounts for the same individual.  I wanted to use the email address as the linking key as this is a fairly unique key.  Is there some way to query the Customer list in Zoho Books using the email address to pull up the correct customer account?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 13 May 2024, 08:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Osirus,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like the “Create Sales Invoice” action doesn’t have the email field. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request.

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Additionally, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here: 

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks for the response.  I saw that the thread was 3 years old … is that also how old the feature request is?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Osirus,

We apologize, but we don't have any update yet regarding the feature request. Usually, those requests are sent to the app developers so they can create the requested feature for their app. You could contact Zoho Books support to expedite the request. We can't give you an ETA for this request.