Question

How do I use discord server nickname instead of username

• 4 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I am currently trying to set up automation so that the messages that are sent from our discord server will be sent over email also but the issue is that the people that would be reading the emails don't know our discord usernames and in the server we have all renamed ourselves to be easily identifiable but im having trouble figuring out how to get zapier to insert the nickname instead of the username. If you have any idea if/how this may be posible please let me know. Also i dont have a great deal of background when it comes to programing or api’s this is a project for my highschool robotics team cause our school is super strict about communications.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @AmberVoid! Very cool case here and appreciate you reaching out in community! 🤗

I wonder if you could use a lookup table as a key, matching the Discord username to the nickname? 

I’ll drop a link on what that could look like below:

(I think ^ would be the most similar to your use case and she even has a template setup in there.

Full transparency, I did some digging and it doesn’t look like “nickname” is part of the user info that gets sent to us from Discord (only username and user ID do) so this is a bit of a workaround.

Do you think that could work for you? Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other questions!