Best answer

How do I use "Delay by Zapier" to send follow-up reminders in Discord?

• 18 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone, I would like your help.

I setted up Zapier in one Discord Server. The idea is reminder the community team to keep a follow-up with the new members after 30 days and 95 days that they joined in server, and also celebrate the member’s server anniversary after 1 year. Everything will be delivery moderation channel - since is a private info. 

I felt that automation won’t work with Delay actions - and that is what I did in the channel - and, I would like to listen your suggestions or best practices to solve these questions.

Thank you! 😊

icon

Best answer by jesse 22 April 2022, 19:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @oicamile 

Good question.

Please reference this help topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Another great option is to use Airtable to delay your events. You will get greater control over what fields you pass to the delay. With Google Calendar, you can either only pass the id you will need to reference the data again (as shown with the find appointment id step in the example Troy linked) or you need to use formatters/code to get the data back out of the description. 

With Airtable, you can pass all data you need and get all that data back once it triggers again. 
https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations

Airtable has Views.

Views have Filters. (e.g. Date = Today)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Userlevel 1

Hi guys. Appreciate your answers.

Do you know if I can do it with Notion? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @oicamile! If by that question you mean using Notion instead of Airtable, yes. The only caveat here is that you wouldn’t be able to selected a filtered database view in your trigger step.

However, you can add a filter step (or several Filter steps) to only pass through records that meet certain criteria. That will mimic Airtable’s filtered view functionality but will cost you more steps/Tasks.

Does that make sense? What other questions do you have? We’d love to help you get this implemented and learn about the approach you took to do so!

Userlevel 1

Hey @oicamile! If by that question you mean using Notion instead of Airtable, yes. The only caveat here is that you wouldn’t be able to selected a filtered database view in your trigger step.

However, you can add a filter step (or several Filter steps) to only pass through records that meet certain criteria. That will mimic Airtable’s filtered view functionality but will cost you more steps/Tasks.

Does that make sense? What other questions do you have? We’d love to help you get this implemented and learn about the approach you took to do so!

Hey Jesse. Yes, I did what you told and everything - apparently - is doing quite well. Only in July it will happen some follow-ups and I will check the zap results. 

But thank you!