Best answer

How do I use ChatGPT to send a news summary?

• 15 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there! 

I’m trying to create a Zap to send me news summary using Chat GPT. 

What I initially tried:

1. Create a Zap trigger day
  2. Use the chat gpt app to create a new conversation with the assistant, including a prompt “get news about xyz and summarise it”
  3. Send an email to myemail@gmail.com including [full response] from chat gpt using gmail action.

All the steps worked. The prompt worked and was tested successfully but the response from chat gpt is that it can’t return the last news or anything after October 2021. I’m on a paid version of chatgpt, I use 4.0 model in the Zap.

Let me know how can i fix this or if you have any alternative. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 December 2023, 23:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gautfav 

Good question.

Web browsing is not available via the ChatGPT Zap app at this time.

Hi @Gautfav 

Good question.

Web browsing is not available via the ChatGPT Zap app at this time.

Ok thanks. Is it something your considering in a near future? (Is there an ETA available?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gautfav 

I don’t work for Zapier, but you can submit feedback and feature requests by opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Gautfav,

Due to the way OpenAI - API works, you will need to set up a dedicated API server for all you background tasks and 'cron-jobs'.

- Background services hosting:

I would suggest using Vercel, They already have templates pre-built for exactly

what you need.

- Web Searching:

We tend to lean on Google Search Engine API [or for your case, Google News API], which allows for collecting data from various sources to be able to feed GPT-4 an ample amount of information.

- OpenAI_API & PostMan:

When building API calls, it's preferred to simplify the coding process and first isolate any potential issues/bug/errors, for this I'd highly recommend using tools such as PostMan, as it allows you to create an Environment for configuring and testing POST Requests, as well as my personal favorite; Provides generated scripts in various languages and frameworks, so you can streamline your functional integrations.

- Mailing the Summary:

There are many tools available for SMTP, if you intend to use this for a personal feature, I'd say EmailJS  would be the quickest and most cost effective way to provide elegant and pre-structured outbound mailing.

Best Regards,

Dillon Breytenbach

DashSquared Team

Hey Gautfav, 

I saw this new service called Lutra and they have this news summary app that would do exactly what you need. https://lutra.ai/blog/introducing-lutra

Hope this helps

Taka