Skip to main content
Question

How do I use ChatGPT to auto-fill a specific column in a database?

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Notion community,

I'm trying to integrate Notion with ChatGPT to automate the "Customer description" field in my database. 

In my Notion database called "Customers", I have a table with multiple columns: "Company name", "location", "URL", and "Customer description".

I want the "Customer description" to be automatically populated by ChatGPT for i) all existing “Customers” and ii) whenever I add a new customers. For this to happen, ChatGPT will look at the customer’s name and URL to provide “customer description”

How can I set this up in Zapier to ensure the "Company description" is filled automatically by ChatGPT when a new company is added and the existing database can be updated?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kaiko 

You’ll need separate Zaps for different Notion triggers.

Thank you. I can get the new database to work, but can’t seem to be able to do so for existing items.

Is it the following?

1. Notion: Updated database Item
  2. ChatGPT prompt
  3. Notion: [Updated database Item]

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kaiko 

For updated Notion Items, you probably want to add a Filter as step 2 to check if the field is empty before proceeding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kaiko,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.