Best answer

How do I upload new google drive file to follow up boss contact? Or at least add the link to the file in the contacts note section?

• 1 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a multi-step zap set up for a form submission from squarespace. It creates a new google doc with the users submissions and also creates a new contact in follow up boss. How would I add a step to add the link to the doc or upload the file itself to this contact in follow up boss?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 2 November 2022, 00:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hgruhn 

Good question.

If you create the GDoc before the FUB step, then the GDoc step will return a URL you can use to map as a variable in the FUB step.

Perhaps post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @hgruhn! Thanks for reaching out in the community. 🤗

I did some digging and it looks like the “File” field isn’t supported in the Follow Up Boss Zapier integration. There is an open feature request though that I added your vote to. While I can’t guarantee when or if this will be implemented this at least ensures you’ll be kept in the loop via email if that changes! We’ll also be sure to keep the thread informed as well.

That said, there is a “Create Note” action! Do you think adding another step after the “Create/Update” action and using this could work?

As Troy pointed out, you would need to map the ID’s and links from the previous steps:

Let us know! 

Userlevel 1

I am not seeing the direct link as an option. Do you know why?

I have it set up as follows:

1. Trigger - new form submission squarespace
  2. Create doc from template in google docs
  3. Create/update contact follow up boss
  4. Apply action plan to contact follow up boss
  5. Create note in follow up boss
Userlevel 1

Okay I used the “alternative link” and that worked! Thank you both!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hgrun

Like @christina.d said I think it is best to add a note with a link to Follow-up boss.  However just note in case Followup Boss does add a feature to allow for file uploading that it might be a good idea to use the GDrive directly for file uploads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! So glad you were able to get this setup, @hgruhn! Thanks for closing the loop to let us know what worked for you. 

That’s awesome feedback and appreciate you sharing it, @anthonyatXRay

🧡