Skip to main content
Question

How do I upload multiple files from a HubSpot form to Google Drive with unique names using Zapier?

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I need to get multiple files that are being submitted through a hubspot form and upload them to a google drive folder with the contact record name. So far I made it work with just 1 file, but I need it to work when users select multiple files to upload. My steps are:

• New form submission in hubspot
  • Find contact in hubspot. This takes the email on the form and grabs the First and Last name after finding a contact with that email.
  • Text formatter by Zappier. I added this to format the URL from the form and split it into the multiple files URLs.
  • Create Loop From line items in looping
  • Get File Public URL. This should grab the URLs from the text formatter/Loop
  • Find a folder in Google Drive. I take again the first and last name to avoid a duplicate and if there isn’t a folder with those it creates it
  • Upload file 

So far the loop kinda works, if I upload 5 files it uploads 5 files, but is always the first URL, so the first file is repeated 5 times. I also tried adding a Google sheet to send the URL there, grab it, and then clear the row for a new URL, but the same thing happens, it always takes the first URL only. I believe my issue is in how im mapping the Line items on the loop step, but I’m lost there on what or how to map the correct URL. 

Thanks in advance. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DanielCS 

To help us have true context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Help info for the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Hi @DanielCS 

To help us have true context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Help info for the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thanks Troy, I just fixed it minutes ago. Seems my issue was how I was mapping the text formatter and the loop. My only question now is if I need to keep the Google Sheet or not, since the Get File step should be able to get the URLs from the loop instead from the sheet

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DanielCS 

When in doubt, test it out.