Skip to main content
Question

How do I upload files from Google Forms to monday.com?

I'm very new to this. I want to create this zap:
When someone fills out my Google Form and uploads files, I want those files to be uploaded automatically to Monday in the correct profile (row). 

The Google Form has these fields: 
Mail
File 1
File 2

In Monday, I have the mail field and one column for File 1, and another for File 2. 
The files need to be uploaded in the row where the mail matches. 

How can I do that?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PurezaNatur 

Use this Zap action: Monday - Upload File to Specific Column

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PurezaNatur,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out. We're happy to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hello. Yes, it helps a lot. Thank you @Troy Tessalone and @JammerS but now I'm facing a new challenge. I hope you can help me. This is my flow and I want this:

1.- In step 3, I want the block to find every file in the folder, not just one. Every one in the folder. But, I will never know the names of the files, so I can't tell the system the names. They are random.

2.- In step 4, I need to move all the files that step 3 finds to another folder, the folder created in step 2.
3.- In step 6, I need to upload all the files that step 3 finds in the column finder in step 5.

Right now it works fine with 1 file all the flow. But I need this to work with all the files in those folders.

How can I do that? Thank you very much.

PD: Im trying using the Loop. I know the test only will be in 1 result. But I need to know what to put in the fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PurezaNatur 

Attachments did not upload.

@Troy Tessalone  I don't know why I can't share the images. I leave you the link of the screenshots from my drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n7O-jXHbR41x8dMfW9KSAQVwzyOabIlu?usp=sharing

And just in case I will try to attach it again here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PurezaNatur 

Can you post screenshots with how Steps 5-7 are configured in EDIT mode?

@Troy Tessalone Of course. This are the steps 5, 6 and 7

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PurezaNatur 

The File field expects a file url or a file object, rather than just a file ID.

Help link about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

For Step 7, map the File (exists but not found) variable from Step 5.

@Troy Tessalone  In the step 7 the file don't have the “(exists but not found)”. The “file (no data), works? 
And one question. The loop works even when the File is no the loop?

My question is because in my original flow the one file moves and its uploaded in Monday from the Find step 3. But I don't know if that logic works with loop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PurezaNatur 

Try using one of these links from Step 5.

The link needs to be a publicly accessible direct download link.

This tool will help you understand the format of the link to use: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

NOTE: You may need to adjust the GDrive Folder/File sharing preferences in GDrive or via a Zap step.