Skip to main content

Hello there!

One of the steps of my workflow automation is saving a PDF attachment from an Outlook email (trigger is new email in my specific mailbox folder and I would like to keep it that way). Unfortunately, when there is a photo in the signature, my zap sees it as an attachment too. Through my outlook zap step fields, I can only see: Files (Exists but not shown). How can I separate the attachments to save the right one on Sharepoint?

Those attachments are coming across in my Zap as a comma-separated single field. Majority of the time, I would like to keep the PDF.

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Barbara_barbara 

Try using this Zap trigger: Outlook - New Attachment

If needed, add a Filter as step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Hi Troy,

Is there any way I can continue with new email as trigger?

There is way more information I can pull from the email trigger (as opposed to attachment trigger) that am using in other steps of the zap,

Thank you,

Barbara

@Barbara_barbara 

You would likely have to use Looping to iterate thru each Attachment item followed by a Filter step.

https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Thanks a lot for your answer @Troy Tessalone 

I am not sure filter is the best solution here - or maybe I am not understanding something.

I am trying to upload the attachments and can separate the names with the loop but cannot do anything with the actual file entitled Files (exist but not shown). Could you give me any guidance on how could I approach this?

When I upload it, it uploads as if it were a PDF file but cannot be open. When I send the Files (exist but not shown) to my MS teams chat as a test, it appears as a zapier.com link and when I open it, I get a ZIP file.

Thank you in advance,

Barbara

@Barbara_barbara 

Multiple files will be put into a ZIP file.

If you want to handle individual files, then use the Zap trigger: Outlook - New Attachment

You may need separate Zaps.

1 Zap to handle attachment

1 Zap to handle other data from the email

Thank you @Troy Tessalone!

I will do that,

Barbara

Hi @Barbara_barbara,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out. We're happy to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi @JammerS,

I created another zap for the attachments trigger.

Alternatively, I would like to use this, but the test keeps returning the error 500. Let me know if you have any comment or tip on this,

Thank you,

Barbara

Hi @Barbara_barbara 👋

Were you able to fix the errors on that Custom Action that’s being used to get the email attachments?

If not, can you share a screenshot of the setup of that Get Message Attachments Custom Action? I’d like to take a closer look at that to see if there’s anything on the set up there that might be causing those 500 errors. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you!