Skip to main content
Question

How do I update Zapier Tables column "Submitted At" when a Form from Zapier Interfaces is submitted?

• 20 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all.

I have a Zapier Interface, which contains a contact form. When the form is completed, it sends the details to the corresponding Zapier Table. Additionally, it runs a Zap to find that record based on the Name, Phone & Scheduled Date, and then update that record’s column Submitted At with the current Date/Time.

This works, and costs me no Zaps, so it is 99% functional.

However, is there a better solution to update a Submitted At column? I’ve read about {{zap_meta_human_now}}, but don’t see how to properly implement it. Also, using Name, Phone & Scheduled Date is not a great way to lookup unique records, such as an ID.

If you have a better solution for a Submitted At column, please let me know.

----------

Edit: I made this unnecessarily complicated by adding a search step to find the record. The record ID is in the form submission data, so that part is solved. The date time that the form was submitted is also in the form submission data. I still don’t get {{zap_meta_human_now}} but I have no need for it.

Solved! Hope anyone having the same issue finds this helpful.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Daniel Lake 

Help articles about inserting system generated timestamps: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

Also, you can format timestamps using Formatter > Date & Time > Format