Question

How do I update the event color in Google Calendar when there's a paid order in WooCommerce?

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Really could use help; this is my situation:

1. User books a boat via a form
  2. after submit the booking with time ect. comes in my google calendar with a red dot color
  3. BUT this happens already when they just press submit
  4. I would like it if the connecting order/form is paid via woo commerce, that the color of this event in the google calendar changes to a green dot. So I know it has been paid.

is this even possible? Thank you in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @thijs50500!

Yes, you can do this using Zapier - the key is that you will need something that connects the booking in Google calendar to the payment from WooCommerce. 

The Zap would look something like this:

1. Trigger: WooCommerce - Booking or Order (whichever you use to take payment)
  2. Google Calendar Find Event
  3. Google Calendar Update Event

You need the Find event step to find the correct event to update, so the original event needs to have something related to the original booking in it (eg a booking number). The trick here is that the Google Calendar search isn’t very robust, so you’ll need to setup the event in a way that Google Calendar ‘likes’/can find easily. To do that, I recommend playing in Google Calendar directly (rather than in the Zap). If you can include something like a booking ID in the event title or description, that will likely work best. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

thank you very much for the fast and helpful response. 

Would “booking_ID” be a good value to let it look for the event?

I have this already in every description and I can add it to the orders in woocomerce

Because Zapier can look in de booking details right? to filter meta date from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @thijs50500,

That’s right! The Booking ID would be a great value to use since IDs are unique values.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊