Best answer

How do I update or remove Smartsheet rows using Aha! Webhooks without RowID?

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a Zap set up which connects Aha! to Smartsheet.

The webhook from Aha! is providing information about new, updated, or deleted records. I am trying to use this information to add, update, or remove copies of the records I currently store in Smartsheet.

Adding a new record is simple because I can use the “Add row” function, but I am having difficulty when trying to "update/remove" existing records because I need to provide the "RowID" as a reference.

I thought there would be a way to lookup a value on the row within Smartsheet, and then update/remove accordingly.

However I can only provide the actual RowID from Smartsheet, and the only way I can access that seems to be via navigating to the row properties.

Zapier-Smartsheet-Issue.png

I have unique identifiers within the record, but I am stuck with the provided RowID.

Has anyone else had this same issue or knows of any workarounds?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 April 2024, 20:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Thomas Halpin 

Try adding this Zap step:

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! That worked an absolute treat! 
The option wasn’t provided in the drop down until I searched for the word “find”.

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Thomas Halpin! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗