Skip to main content
Question

How do I update multiple tasks in Notion?

• 19 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, currently I am working on a task scheduler system on notion with zapier. 
What I want to do: 
- I have a database in notion where all my daily to dos are listed
- Once I am done with one task, I select the checkbox "done" in notion.
- And now the goal is to reset it to “not done” every day. So every day at a certain time, my tasks are reset to “not done” because they are daily tasks (they should be checked off every day).

So what I have built so far:
- I made a scheduler by zapier 
- I added "Find Database Item"
- Looping these itmes
- Update these items.

But now I am facing two issues:
First when finding an item it only finds one item (one to do on my to do list). But it should find all of them.
Second it only resets this item and nothing else. 

So how can I ensure that all tasks are reset as not completed?

Thank you very much.

Hey @Siren Agency ,

Notion Find item action on Zapier will find only 1 item. You will have to use their API to get multiple items.

Hi @Siren Agency 

Info about the Notion API: https://developers.notion.com/reference/intro

Resources for using App APIs in Zaps:

Hi @Siren Agency  👋

Did you have any luck in making requests to Notion’s API to retrieve multiple items and reset the checkbox for each? 

If not, please feel free to share screenshots of where you’re currently at with the set up of those API requests to Notion as well as any error messages you might be getting and we’ll be happy to assist further on that. Just be sure to remove any sensitive information from the screenshots like names, email addresses, API Keys etc before sharing.

And if you did solve it, would you mind sparing a few minutes to share some details on what the solution was? The Community would greatly benefit from this. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂