Question

How do I update multiple record IDs in a table database when a DocuSign envelope is completed?

• 10 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

When an envelope is completed in Docusign, how do I find and update all the relevant record IDs with the completed document link in a tables database?

Currently I can successfully automate the process for a single record ID to get updated but not many. I’ve attached my flow below and thought that the looping function would be a good way to repeat the find record step but it’s still no dice however which way I’ve been calling the data. Any thoughts?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Campgrnds 

We would need more context about how your Zap steps are configured and the logic you are trying to use to find records.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

These are the configured settings. The trigger is when the envelope is completed in Docusign, from there the find record function calls on the company name data sourced from Docusign which (should) align with the data in our tables database. From there the loop finds all of the record IDs from that respective brand in our table and we want the update action to add the completed document in the COA table field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Campgrnds 

Help for Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

When you test this action, the Zap will only create the first loop.
It will not create any other loops during the test.