Best answer

How do I update a WordPress post to add information to the bottom/top of the article instead of replacing it?

• 6 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’ve set up an automation to update an existing wordpress post with certain information I have from google sheets.

Let’s say that first section of the post is one google sheet row worth of information.

The issue is that when there’s a new row added, instead of adding the information BELOW the first section, it just replaces/edits the section that’s already there.

Is there any way to fix this? So that when I trigger update post in wordpress option, it will actually start adding the information at the bottom (or top) of the article, instead of replacing already excisting text?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 July 2022, 23:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Valiant! Thanks for posting in the Community!

It looks like you were able to contact my friends in Support and I wanted to pop their response below in case it’s helpful. 

Looking at the Zap's workflow, what we're seeing here is technically expected.

This is because the Update Post in WordPress updates the post itself, instead of creating a new post and adding it to the top or bottom of the page.

As far my experience with WordPress goes, this does seem like standard behavior because WordPress posts often show up as their own individual pages unless it's hardcoded that they go one after another.

Have you instead tried using this action to see how it behaves?