Question

How do I update a monday.com board cell when a specific custom field changes in Jira Cloud?

• 12 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all

I’m trying to set up a Zap that sees a customfield has been updated in Jira and takes the value of that field and inserts it into a Monday.com board cell. We are oon Jira Cloud. So two part question: 

1. Is there a way to have the Zap fire only on the customfield updating. Right now it has if issue updates and I am using a filter to check if the customfield exists. I guess in this configuration even if it is another field that updates on Jira it’ll just overwrite the existing content on Monday but I’d like to be able to send out email notifications that Monday updated but that’s not feasible if the Zap is firing on every Jira update and not the specific customfield. 
  2. I can’t seem to find an option to pull the customfield value. My options look like this: 

Any of the options I select put the ending value of that option in the Monday board. Ideally what I want is Fields Customfield 14095 Content Content Text to be the selection and the value passed be everything that follows in that field description. 

If I was using the API (for Jira) I could grab that value from the customfield object’s customfieldvalue field. 

Help me Obi Wan, you’re my only hope…

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SteveS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Regarding your first question, it looks like triggering on specific field on the “Updated Issue” trigger isn’t possible at the moment. We do have an open feature request for that exact functionality. Please let me know if you want your vote to get added to that feature request.

Regarding your second question, it seems like the custom fields are being returned as an ID instead of the name of the field. Jira has an helpful article on how to find the custom field ID and match its name. Here’s the link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-find-any-custom-field-s-ids-744522503.html

Please keep us posted! 😊