Best answer

How do I update a field value in MailerLite to identify a subscriber as a member when a new member is added in MemberPress?

• 20 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I created a zap so that when a new member is added in memberpress, it adds or updates a subscriber in mailerlite.  My problem is, I need to know in mailerlite that the subscriber is now a member.  I would like to do this by updating the value of a field called “member” to “yes.”  Is this possible?  Can I somehow select this as part of the information to be brought over by the zap?  I don’t want the subscriber to be moved to a “members” group because I have two distinct customer groups and I need them to stay in those, just have a field that identifies them as a member.  Then, when their membership ends in memberpress, I want a zap to change that field in mailerlite to “no.”  Is this possible?  How do others manage their member lists in mailerlite?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 10 November 2023, 15:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @jdcinnovate!

I did some checking and it looks like it’s not currently possible to update other fields when using the Create or Update Subscriber action. We’ve got a feature request open for the ability to be able to update additional fields (like the member field you’re after here), so I’ve added your vote to that feature request.

I don’t have a timeline on when that feature request will implemented but we’ll definitely notify you by email as soon as it is! 🙂

Thank you for clarifying that.  In that case, is it possible to have a Zap put a subscriber in a different Mailerlite group depending on which membership they sign up for in Memberpress?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes that sounds possible, @jdcinnovate! 🙂

I think the Subscription Created (MemberPress) trigger would give the ID number or Title for the membership that was signed up for. So you could use that trigger with a Filter by Zapier action to check the ID/Title of the membership subscription. Then have the Zap find/create and update the contact to be added to a specific group in MailerLite. With that you’d need to set up duplicate Zaps that check for each of the different memberships

If you’ve not worked with filters in Zaps before I’d recommend checking out our Add conditions to Zaps with filters guide.

Hope that helps. Please do let us know if you run into any issues on that, always happy to help further!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdcinnovate (and anyone else following this thread)! 👋

Just wanted to follow up here to share that the feature request has been implemented by the MailerLite app’s developers. So it’s now possible to update additional fields with the Create or Update Subscriber action such as custom fields. 😁🎉

That said, if you run into any trouble with it not allowing you to update the desired fields please do reach out to our Support team who will be able to investigate further. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡