Question

How do I unblock my number after using Whapi.Cloud for WhatsApp, and is it official?

• 16 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Is Whapi.Cloud an official WhatsApp application? I connected my account to Whapi.Cloud by scanning the code and I was blocked, how can I unblock my number?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Paul125,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Whapi.Cloud is not an official WhatsApp application. The official application for WhatsApp is simply called “WhatsApp” and is owned and developed by Facebook.

Whapi.Cloud is an app that is partnered with Zapier that provides an easy-to-use API compatible with any programming language, allowing seamless integration of your website, store, application, or sales systems (CRM, ERP) with WhatsApp.

Additionally, Whapi.Cloud appears to be an independent API provider as they state here on their website: https://whapi.cloud/whatsapp-business-api-to-choose#article-anchor-4

If you want to get your number unblocked, I’d recommend reaching out to WhatsApp Support: https://www.whatsapp.com/contact

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 2

That is, Zapir hosts pirated applications? How does Meta look at this when you sell stolen products at your place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Paul125! 👋

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here. I’m very sorry to learn about the troubles with using the Whapi.Cloud app and really appreciate you flagging this in the Community! 🤗

Whapi.Cloud appears to be built on the WhatsApp Business API - a product Meta intentionally makes available to third party developers for the purpose of integrating with, and building on top of, WhatsApp. But I’m going to pass the details of what happened over to the relevant teams here for further investigation. Due to confidentiality reasons we won’t be able to post any updates about the status of that investigation but please know that if the Whapi.Cloud app is found to be in violation of Meta’s terms of service we will of course take any necessary actions.

That said, was the number you connected via Whapi.Cloud recently registered on WhatsApp?

Asking I found a guide on the Whapi.Cloud website that talks about how to prevent getting banned that mentions: 

b3f131d3076cd723c607d3cc4a5b2f25.png

If it was a new number that was connected to the account can you confirm whether the steps mentioned in that guide were followed?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 2

Hello, my number has not been unblocked.
I read about the WhatsApp business API, Whapi.Cloud application is definitely pirated, code scanning is not required in the official API.

Hello!
I was just about to start using Zapir, and I see this!
How can I not worry about the security of my data if you provide a pirated version of WhatsApp?

This raises significant concerns for me regarding the security of my personal information and confidential data.

Such unauthorized modifications to the application pose a risk to the security of user data and personal information. The use of unofficial application versions can have adverse consequences and undermine trust in your product.

I kindly request that you treat this communication as a formal complaint and take the necessary steps to address this issue promptly. Ensuring the security of user data and preventing the use of unofficial application versions in your product is imperative.

I anticipate receiving detailed information about the measures taken and a plan of action to resolve this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for following up here @Paul125 and for sharing your candid feedback here @Hulk.

@Paul125 - Sorry to hear that your number is still being blocked. As Ken mentioned earlier you would need to reach out to WhatsApp directly about this, we’re unable to unblock your number from our side. It may be worth reaching out to Whapi.Cloud directly for clarification regarding any code scanning from their end, I’m not aware of any such requirements from our side.

@Hulk - As I said, the team are investigating the Whapi.Cloud app and will take action as necessary. Due to confidentiality reasons we will not be able to provide you with any detailed information regarding the investigation. I will however pass your comments over to the team to ensure your voice is heard on this.

Thank you both for your understanding here, if there’s anything else Zap related we can help with in the meantime please do let us know.

It’s very funny to watch how colleagues Pasha and Andrey secretly try to play dirty tricks