Question

How do I trigger our Twillio studio through Zapier?

• 13 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We have our sms automations set up through Twilio studio where people send back “next” for the next set of texts. 

This should be triggered on the day of our event, we currently use Eventbrite and google sheets to store these records. How do we get these texts to start sending from twilio studio when a new row gets added to google sheets?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

might be a case to Trigger the start/rest api widget? but still not sure. Can also us the To number to send an incoming message to trigger the flow?

Trigger (Start) Widget | Twilio

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Gemz! 👋

How do we get these texts to start sending from twilio studio when a new row gets added to google sheets?

Perhaps you could try using the New Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) trigger with the Send SMS (Twilio) action for this. That should allow you to send a SMS whenever a new row is added in Google Sheets.

Can also us the To number to send an incoming message to trigger the flow?

Are you asking whether the messages sent by the Zap would trigger the flows? If so, I’d have thought not as the messages send by the Zap would be classed as outgoing messages (from your Twilio account) rather than incoming messages (from a person). Taking a quick look at the documentation for Twilio’s Trigger (Start) Widgets it seems like you might be able to use a Webhooks action to trigger a flow. In which case I’d suggest checking out our Send webhooks in Zaps to find out more about how to send the webhook to the Twilio widget.

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood or you have any further questions on this at all, just let me know!