Skip to main content

I have created the following Zap:

This zap basically integrates with the assistant i have created in OpenAI to reply to customer’s inquiries in my fb page.The problem is that sometimes the customer forgets to reply a specific message, so I would need the zap to send a follow up message after they havent replied in a certain period of time.
Anybody has an idea of how can this be done?

Thank you very much in advance for your help :)

Hi @alejandro alar 👋

Sorry no one’s reached out here sooner to help get this answered. For that sort of workflow you’d want to add a delay action to the Zap then use a search action for Facebook Messenger to check whether the customer has responded to the automated message after that set period of time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there are any search actions available for the Facebook Messenger app. So I’d recommend contacting our Support team to submit a new feature request for the necessary search action to be added. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

In the meantime, perhaps you set up another Zap to store a record of all messages received in a Zapier Tables table? Then in the existing Zap you could use a Find Records (Zapier Tables) action after the delay action to check if there was a reply sent by the customer. Although it would involve adding an additional action to the Zap, Zapier Tables actions don’t count towards your task usage: What does not count toward task usage?

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. And if you run into any further issues or questions do let me know! 🙂