Best answer

How do I trigger meetings set at different times on Google Meet?

• 29 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am attempting to get a request to join form on mighty networks to trigger a meeting appointment created in Google Meet for each person that submits a form on certain days and times of the week. The issue is that Zapier is requiring one day and time “Start Date & Time” and “End Date & Time” but this means that instead of having one person booked at 1pm, another at 2pm, and another at 3pm etc, it’s putting anyone who submits a form on the same time and day. How can I make an additional zap or modify this one so that it generates a unique meeting date and time for each trigger without overlapping? Open to changing to Zoom if that has more options.

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 15 May 2023, 18:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Divinely.Magnetic 

There are several ways to achieve something like that. One thing comes to mind is using Storage by Zapier to increment the hour value then use it in the Google Meets action. You will have to have to also create another zap that removes all values in the storage list daily. Also, you might need a step to increment the Day value if the hour value is more than a certain number. 

ALTERNATIVELY, you might wanna rethink your workflow to include Calendly where everyone can choose the date and time of the meeting and avoid overlapping. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Divinely.Magnetic -

As previously stated, the easiest way to complete this workflow is by using Calendly in your Zap. Here’s a quick look at the possible integrations between apps, let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Divinely.Magnetic 

There are several ways to achieve something like that. One thing comes to mind is using Storage by Zapier to increment the hour value then use it in the Google Meets action. You will have to have to also create another zap that removes all values in the storage list daily. Also, you might need a step to increment the Day value if the hour value is more than a certain number. 

ALTERNATIVELY, you might wanna rethink your workflow to include Calendly where everyone can choose the date and time of the meeting and avoid overlapping. 

Hi thank you for the advice. It doesn’t seem to be working, is the order of the automation supposed to be 1) Mighty Networks 2) Google Meet 3) Storage by Zapier (set value) 4) Storage by Zapier (increment value by 1) with certain conditions set in between the actions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Jumping back in @Divinely.Magnetic -

If you used Calendly it would be:

1. Mighty Networks 
  2. Calendly
  3. Google Calendar 
  4. Google Meets 
Steps 1 and 2

Steps 3 and 4

Or some variation of the above, whatever suits your use case needs!

Userlevel 1

Jumping back in @Divinely.Magnetic -

If you used Calendly it would be:

1. Mighty Networks 
  2. Calendly
  3. Google Calendar 
  4. Google Meets 
Steps 1 and 2

Steps 3 and 4

Or some variation of the above, whatever suits your use case needs!

Hi @chanelle I would but there is no actions available when I try to connect mighty networks and calendly which is why I don’t think I can use it as an option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @Divinely.Magnetic - excited to hear from a Mighty Networks user! In the Community business it’s always fun to see someone else using a software that I’m familiar with 😃

To your point, I see that you’re right in terms of the Calendly set up (I think the bigger lift would be in just linking folks to Calendly directly). In addition to the suggestions above, you mentioned the option of using Zoom, I may suggest that as a possible approach, it could look something like this:

From there, you would need some way for Zapier to determine the time slot to book the individual in: 

This is where I’m unsure of the limits of Mighty Networks, if when they fill out the form they specify a time you should be able to bring that over dynamically, but if they don’t you may want to just move directly into a Calendly link that allows your users to schedule time, which you could (for example) send via email after they fill out the form. 

Let me know if any of these get you closer to your goal, and we’re here to help :] 

Best,
Rachael