Best answer

How do I trigger Google Analytics to run a report and save data on AWS DynamoDB?

Hi,

I would like to make my first Zap usign Google Analytics and AWS DynamoDB.

From Google Analytics I want to run a report and save my data on AWS DynamoDB.

I tried to build this Zap, but when I select (on the left) GA, the only option available is “RUN GOAL” but I don’t want this one and I don’t understand why it’s not appearing RUN REPORT.

Please could you help me?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 October 2022, 23:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @byuppy!

You can choose the action when you add a Google Analytics step to your Zap:

Is this where you were having trouble? If not, could you please share a screenshot of your Zap so we have a better idea of what you might need help with. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Thank for your reply.

Thanks to your screenshot I added the action but now I’m not able to remove the first block reated to the Google Analytics trigger. In my screenshot I have 3 blocks. If I achieve to remove the first one “GA Trigger”, I completed my Zap.

How can I do it?  

Sorry the screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @byuppy 

The first part of the zap is called the Trigger, this is what starts the zap, you cannot “remove it” but you can edit it to use something else (such as another app). So you have to think of it in terms “When this happens, do that” 

Does this help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @byuppy! I wanted to see if you were able to successfully setup up your zap?

As @MohSwellam mentioned every zap requires a trigger to begin the process.

In this case, the only available trigger for Google Analytics is “New Goals”. So every time a new goal is added, the zap will run the specified report.

Either way, keep us posted. 🤗

Hi Cristina,

I have been evaluating how to use that trigger but, for my specific case, I’m not able to set a goal inside GA panel for each customer. It’s a SaaS and it’s impossible from my side. 

Anyway I don’t understand because if I need to read and save (2 actions), Zapier is asking me to add a trigger mandatory… I should be free to set it. 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @byuppy 

The trigger is mandatory because zapier needs to know when to start your zap :D 

The trigger can be any of the triggers that Zapier offers, including Schedule. 

thin of your zap workflow in terms of When This Happens, Do That. So when what Happens you want your zap to start? 

Hi MohSwellam,

how it works the schedule? I could setup a schedule to sync data every week. Could be useful as trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes you can do that. You just choose a time period for it to trigger and it triggers based on that. 

Check this resource for more information 

https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, popping in to consolidate some of the replies here!

You can choose the action when you add a Google Analytics step to your Zap:

A trigger step is required in order to start the zap. In this case it sounds like Schedule by Zapier could be an option here:

Hi @byuppy 

The trigger is mandatory because zapier needs to know when to start your zap :D 

The trigger can be any of the triggers that Zapier offers, including Schedule. 
https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/help

thin of your zap workflow in terms of When This Happens, Do That. So when what Happens you want your zap to start? 

I hope this helps but keep us in the loop with any other questions you may have! 🙂