Best answer

How do I trigger a Zap when editing payments in QuickBooks Online?

• 22 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a zap that I want to trigger when payments are edited in Quickbooks. Using the new payment trigger in the Quickbooks integration doesn’t seem to work. I think this is because of the way deduplication works - when the payment is created initially it is assigned an id, which Zapier stores in the deduplication table. When editing the payment in Quickbooks, the payment id remains the same, so Zapier ignores the edited payment as it identifies it as a duplicate.

Is there another trigger I could use to trigger the zap when editing payments in Quickbooks? I should also say I need to be able to trigger it both when creating new payments in Quickbooks and when editing payments in Quickbooks too.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 October 2023, 08:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Paul Watt,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

The deduplication mechanism in Zapier is designed to prevent the same data from triggering a Zap multiple times. As you’ve rightly pointed out, if the payment ID remains the same when editing a payment in QuickBooks, Zapier will recognize it as a duplicate and not trigger the Zap.

That said, I think the “Updated Payment” trigger for QuickBooks Online is the best trigger for this. However, I do not see any open feature request for this functionality. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team so that they can create a feature request on your behalf.

You can contact our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps!

Thank you so much! I’ll reach out to the support team for that! Sorry only seen this response now.

I’ve also been looking at triggering a zap when a Quickbooks deposit is created - is there any trigger on the current integration that would allow that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Paul Watt,

Unfortunately, the “New Deposit” trigger for QuickBooks Online is not supported either. We do have a feature request for this exact functionality. I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.