Skip to main content

I have a event venue, where I get leads from third party paid platform which is basically a website url. Even thought it does not give me all the custom fields that I have on Zoho crm, I would like to capture the name, date of event, customer phone number, email address. I don’t know which is the right way to trigger a website. Whenever I receive a lead, I also get an email notification, but it does not show any of the values. I do have a button in that email notification as “view contact info” if that’s helpful. Looking forward to some assistance, as am a newbie to Zapier. thank you. 

Hi @ihariharan 

For us to have more info, outline a specific example for us with more details and by including screenshots.

I receive an email notification when someone shows interest in my venue. But the key data is their name, email, phone number, and the date of event. i have to click view contact info, then click to view email, click to view phone, then only i can see that data. since these are third party leads, it takes additional time to manually add this contact into zoho crm for further follow ups. I wish i can just push this data to crm, and also add additional value of lead source from eventective. I hope this helps.

@ihariharan 

Do the links to see the contact data require a login to view those data points?

Can you provide examples of those links?

When I click on the email, it automatically opens the logged in session, both mobile and desktop. That’s one positive part. Does not require login everytime. 

@ihariharan 

Test the link in a new/different private browser.

If logins are required then you’d need to explore using a front-end scripting app to do the automation.

@Troy Tessalone I don’t know why i need to try the private browser. if i do, it might or might not. Can you pls tell me assuming it does not require a login how to solve this? because i have answered all your questions, and am looking for a solution. 

@ihariharan 

You would need to extract each link.

We’d need to see examples of each link to see how the links behave when clicked.

honestly you are only asking questions. you haven’t even told me what trigger to use, and nothing that would help me to even make an attempt to achieve this. thanks for your time. 

@ihariharan

The questions are being asked because we don’t have enough info to be able to evaluate and advise further.

e.g. You have not indicated the email app you are using to get the email notification about the lead.

@ihariharan

You would need to extract each link.

We’d need to see examples of each link to see how the links behave when clicked.

4th question that are redundant without offering any solution or even a trigger is not really helpful. 

@ihariharan

The questions are being asked because we don’t have enough info to be able to evaluate and advise further.

that’s not true. everything has been shared above. the least i expect is what trigger to use, and you have been going way too deep into the same question which i already answered above. i appreciate that you are willing to help, but it’s just not helpful is what am saying. nothing personal.

@ihariharan 

Best of luck finding the help you need.

@ihariharan

Best of luck finding the help you need.

are you even aware which trigger to use? I’ve already asked that three times 🙂. Please refrain from jumping in if you're not going to provide actual help. It feels like I’ve wasted my time. Asking questions is easy, but answering them takes effort. If you're not offering a solution, it's better not to offer help. Your thousdans of responses to those seeking real solutions aren’t helpful. best of luck to you as well.

@ihariharan 

Have you previously indicated which email app you are using to receive the email lead notifications?

@ihariharan

Have you previously indicated which email app you are using to receive the email lead notifications?

zoho mail which also gets forwarded to my gmail

@ihariharan 

That is why questions are asked, to clarify the requirements.

RESOURCES

Hi there, @ihariharan! 👋

Did you manage to figure out a solution here?

If not, as the event details you’re after aren’t contained in the emails I’m wondering if it would be best to trigger the Zap from a webhook that’s sent directly from the third party app to capture the information that needs to be added to Zoho. Looking at the screenshot of the email it appears that it’s Eventective that’s sending these referrals, is that correct?

I couldn’t find any API documentation online for Eventective so they may not have a publicly accessible API. So I’d recommend reaching out to them directly to confirm this and to request access. If you can get access to use their API (assuming they have one) then you could potentially use the Webhooks by Zapier app as the trigger for the Zap. The Webhooks trigger would provide a unique URL that the Eventective would need to send webhook notifications through for each referral. For our side of things you can check out our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide to see how to set up the trigger.

If they don’t have an API you can use then I think you may need to explore the approach of triggering from the email, extracting the link from that “View Contact Info” button and then look at using an app like Axiom.ai for example to visit the the link and extract the contact’s details from the page that’s displayed. Do you think that could work?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!