Question

How do I tell the action "Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets" to use the newly found file from step 1?

• 19 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have created one Zap that is looking for new Google sheet files in a Google Drive folder. Next, it should lookup for a spreadsheet row in the new file and transfer this data to another spreadsheet.

The first step is working fine, but I can’t find out how to tell the second step (the lookup) to use the newly found file from step 1. 

The “Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets” action only allows me to manually choose a file name from my Google drive and doesn’t seem to dynamically use the file name of the detected new file from step 1.

Any help would be super appreciated 🙄

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bushrang 

Good question.

Check out this help article for guidance:

https://community.zapier.com/featured%2Darticles%2D65/how%2Dto%2Ddynamically%2Dset%2Dgoogle%2Dsheet%2Dand%2Dworksheet%2Dcustom%2Dvalues%2D4346

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @bushrang Just checking in here! Were you able to find success after checking out the article Troy passed along? I’ve noticed a few others struggling with this same issue lately so I want to make sure y’all are taken care of. Let us know!