Question

How do I take data captured in an Active Campaign or Typeform form and then place it into a pdf?

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We have need of taking information submitted by our customer and then placing that data (name, address, etc.) into a PDF one of our primary suppliers uses exclusively and then send that supplier the form with the captured info/data.

It seems like a simple thing, but I have been working on this for weeks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TotalLifetime 

Good question.

Please clarify which apps you are trying to use in the Zap steps.

What PDF app has the PDF Template you are trying to populated?

Userlevel 1

Active Campaign and Typeform are the two I have set to capture (NEITHER is a favorite) and on the other side I have ZERO favorites but as our need is limited to under 25 of these a month, the lower the cost obviously the better - this is a time-consuming effort on our side so the need is there - just going to be a cost vs use decision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TotalLifetime 

Check out the Document Zap apps, many of which can be used for filling/generating PDFs: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/documents

Without knowing what PDF template you are trying to use were limited in our feedback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @TotalLifetime! Did the link that Troy shared above help you out? 

It sounds like we’ll be using something like the below:

• TRIGGER: Typeform: New Event
  • ACTION: [App where PDF template lives]: Generate PDF or Fill PDF

If you can share where (which app) your supplier is using to house the PDF template, we can help with more specifics. As an example, if they were using PDF4Me, you could choose one of these Actions:

Hoping this gets you heading in the right direction but if you get stuck, let us know the name of your supplier’s app and we’ll dive back in!