Skip to main content

Hi All -- I’m working on a few different solutions for a nonprofit’s donation platform / accounting sync. They are already using Quickbooks Online and we’re considering Give Lively

Has anyone successfully created a Zap to sync Donation/Donor Data to Quickbooks? I’d want these basic features.

1. If a donor is already in QBO, the ability to use a Find Action and use that record to create the donation in QBO. At the very least First, Last, and Email fields. 
  2. If a donor is new, create new records in QBO. At the very least First, Last, and Email fields. I’m assuming these are available in an Action?
  3. Map the Donation Campaigns to preset QBO categories. I’d imagine Paths could be used for this. 
  4. I think a one-way sync is sufficient.

Is this possible with Give Lively and QBO? I’d rather confirm it here than have to apply to Give Lively and try it out first.

Thanks!

Hi @LukeTWN,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here’s how I see the Zap you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Give Lively - New Donation
  2. Action: QuickBooks Online - Find Customer
  3. Action: Paths by Zapier
    Path A: If Customer is found create a donation in QuickBooks Online - You can use the “Create Sales Receipt” action here.
    Path B: If the Customer is not found create new record in QuickBooks Online - You can use the “Create Customer” action here.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks @ken.a! Do you know if the data is available to set up auto-assignments of transactions based on the Give Lively Campaign?

Hi @LukeTWN,

I’m not really familiar with Give Lively. However, could you please elaborate a little bit more on your latest question? Are you trying to auto assign Give Lively transactions to QuickBooks Online? 

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!