Question

How do I successfully run a test for a new Zap integration as a novice user?

• 15 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi folks, there is a Zap available for this integration but i’m a total Zapier novice and I can’t get it to run a successful test regardless of what I try.

Has anyone done this successfully?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sholmes 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

So, this is how i’ve set it up, which was pretty much a guess

And this is what it returns. I’ve tried a number of different options to populate the Account ID but i’m not sure what it wants. In Active Campaign the contact details would be first name, last name, job title etc. and then you would create an account for the company, and then associate the two

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sholmes 

The Contact ID field expects a value that is the ID of the Contact from ActiveCampaign.

Same for the Account ID field, which expects a value that is the ID of the Account from ActiveCampaign.

Some options to first find/create/update a Contact which will return a Contact ID to map between steps.

But the integration is creating the contact in Active Campaign. The contact doesn’t exist yet, until it is created by this setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sholmes 

You would first need to create the Contact and Account in AC before you can assign the Contact to an Account in AC.

STEPS

1. Trigger: LinkedIn Ads - New Lead Gen Form Response
  2. Action: AC - Create/Update Contact
    1. This will return a Contact ID
  3. Action: AC - Find Account
    1. Assumes Account already existing in AC to find
      1. If not, then the AC API may have to be used to find/create Account
  4. Action: AC - Add Contact to Account
    1. Map the ID of the Contact returned from Step 2
    2. Map the ID of the Account returned from Step 3