Best answer

How do I subtract from Google Sheets numbers on video upload and send varied messages based on results using Google Drive?

• 26 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Essentially, I want a zap for when a client uploads a video it subtracts one from a number stored on a google sheet, and if that number is 0, instead of sending a message to my editor to edit it in discord, I want it to send a message to the client saying you’ve ran out of edits. The issue I’m having is it’s only letting me do stuff in google drive & not sheets, is this because my trigger is based on google drive? How should I do this? Thanks guys!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 January 2024, 05:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ian Sidman 

You would need to add Zap steps for GSheets.

GSheet Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

Well, I would like the trigger for the spreadsheet being adjusted to be a google drive folder getting uploaded, is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ian Sidman 

You may need to configure a different Zap that triggers from changes to a GSheet.

Your Zap trigger is for GDrive when there is a new File in a Folder.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy! thank you for responding again.

Sorry if I wasn’t being clear. I need the google sheet to be adjusted AFTER a folder is uploaded into google drive.

To explain, when a client buys 30 edits from me I put the number 30 in a google sheet, the only way to count when a client uses an edit is to track whenever they upload a file to google drive. So I need the trigger to be uploaded a file into google drive, and I need a response to that to be to subtract one from a google sheet.

Is this possible with zapier?

Thanks Again​​​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ian Sidman

Did you review the available GSheet Zap actions that you can add as Zap steps?

You would need to add Zap steps for GSheets.

GSheet Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations#triggers-and-actions

• Lookup Row
  • Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (Subtract)
  • Update Row
Userlevel 1

Okay perfect man! It’s working for that part thank you so much

But now I can’t seem to get it to replace the 30 with the new number, check it out here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ian Sidman 

No screenshot was included.

Userlevel 1

Apologies here it is

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ian Sidman 

The Row field expects the Row/ID value.

You can map the Row variable or the ID variable from Step 2.

Userlevel 1

Bro has all the answers, final question.

How do I make a conditional where if a certain criteria isn’t met it does a separate following action? (in my specific example it would be to send a discord message to the client and not the editor)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ian Sidman 

Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

NOTE: Paths require a Zapier Pro+ plan.

Userlevel 1

got it bro. thank you tons.