Best answer

How do I stop Zapier from creating custom calendar labels for Google Calendar events?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

How do I stop Zapier from creating Google Calendar labels for events. I have the client appointments popluating my Google calendar which I access on my Mac in iCal, along with my other calendar events. However for some reason Zapier is creating a ton of custom ‘calendar labels’ for each client appointment. How do I removed them and get the to  stop?

I would appreciate anyone’s assistance. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 August 2023, 16:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @Crystal Peak Medium 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us context.

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to reply with a screen capture but I got a popup message stating it’s being reviewed. Hopefully you’ll see it soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crystal Peak Medium 

We need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have proper context.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us context.

Userlevel 1

Hello Troy,

I’m not sure what you are referring to, one of my staff set it up a long time ago and I’ve tried to go into my account to figure out where this is being generated from but I am unable to locate the section on your web site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crystal Peak Medium 

To troubleshoot, try checking your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Crystal Peak Medium - to expand a bit on what Troy is asking, what helps us is seeing the setup of your Zap itself. It should look like this: 

Userlevel 1

Where do I find this section?

~Susanne

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crystal Peak Medium 

If you need help with Zapier, you may want to consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 1

Troy,

That seems a bit overkill, I just need to know how to turn off the ‘custom event label’ feature.

~Susanne

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Crystal Peak Medium We’re looking for the info on your Zap setup, if you go to your Zaps and click into it you should see it. 

I’m adding two additional resources here. Firstly is our blog on Google Calendar setup: https://zapier.com/blog/create-detailed-events-google-calendar/

Secondly, it sounds like you’re still figuring out how to best use Zapier! Utilizing our free Learn resources is a great way to upskill your abilities in the Zapier ecosystem. Find more here: https://learn.zapier.com/

Happy to keep troubleshooting and seeing if we can’t get that auto-label to stop populating. 

-Rachael

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I’m familiar with area. However I’m not sure how to turn off the ‘custom label’ feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Crystal Peak Medium 

Without seeing screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured there’s only so much we can do to evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 1

Troy, I have uploaded screen captures, not sure why they aren’t being displayed. I just did it again….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Crystal Peak Medium! 👋

Not sure why the images are uploading correctly here, it looks like when you first posted here an image was uploaded correctly. Hopefully there’s just a temporary glitch that’s preventing you from uploading subsequent images in the Community. 🤞

My first thought here is that it may be due to a field from the trigger or another action being selected in the Color field:

cb1c153235b8e07e7025b65843198006.png
Now, the help text for that field states that you can only select from the list of options, but I wonder if maybe that’s not entirely true. It could be that any value added into that Color field is then being added as a new label. Do you think that could be the case?

If so, and there’s a value in that field, remove it so that there’s nothing selected in that field. Then test the action that creates an event again, to check that no additional custom label is added. Can you give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your suggestion, it makes sense. I’ll check it out!