Skip to main content

Once a payment is applied > update record “payment status” field is a dropdown. The Zap is creating a new dropdown status “Paid - Awaiting W9/Bank Setup” in Airtable each time it runs even after I delete the new one. The spelling & formatting is exactly the same. How do I make sure it’s updating to this dropdown option?

Hi @ccamm086 

In Airtable, check the Field settings.

Make sure there is no extra whitespace in the dropdown option. (before/middle/after)

Needs to be an exact match.

I’m 99% sure it’s the same but I’ll update the naming & test again on it’s next run (copied & pasted from AT into Zap)

@ccamm086 

Also check the value in the Zap input field to make sure there are no extra whitespaces.

Hi @ccamm086,

I wanted to check in and see if you still need assistance with the issue you were experiencing. If you do, please let me know, and we’re happy to help further. 🤗

This was resolved. Thanks :)

That’s great news, @ccamm086! Would you mind sharing the solution here so that I can mark it as the “Best Answer” for our community members who might run into the same issue? This way, they can find the solution more easily.

Thank you!

Sure, I just re copied & paste the fields so they’re exact and it fixed the issue

Thanks for sharing how you solved this @ccamm086 - it’s much appreciated! 🤗

Please do reach out in the Community again if you’re in need of any assistance in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡️ 

This solution actually did work (seems to work sometimes and not others) I need to turn off the zap due to this issue

Thanks for following up here @ccamm086. Sorry to hear that copying and pasting the exact fields doesn’t work in all cases and you’ve since had to turn off the Zap due to this issue. 

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team here, to have this investigated further. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your Zaps to better determine what might be causing some of the options to be duplicated instead of having a existing option selected.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on, keen to ensure this gets sorted! 🙂