Skip to main content

Hi, I’m fairly new to zap but experienced with general automation. 

I am using zap to automatically send emails when we receive an enquiry from various sources. For example, if someone fills out the ‘download brochure’ form on the website, the name and email address are captured and stored in the CRM. I’ve got an initial email which gets sent, then after a delay of 4 days it sends a follow-up, then 7 days after that it sends another follow-up.. 

I’d like the zap to stop if we receive a reply from the enquiry source. I can see ‘filter’ but this does not appear to check the mailbox to see if we have a reply. 

Is there a way to stop the automation of someone has responded to the initial emails?

Thanks

Hi @byronwa 

You would have to have another Zap that checks the email address for received emails and then updates the CRM to indicate an email was received.

Then your Zap can check the CRM after each delay to get current data about the contact to then use the filter step to determine whether to continue.

Thanks for your help.. are you able to explain a little on how the zap can check the database? All the ‘filters’ I can see seem to relate to the zap they are assigned to. I.e if I update the database on one zap, the filter might not be available in the other zap?

@byronwa 

Concept:

• Action: Delay
  • Action: CRM - Find Record
    • Used to get the current data about the contact
      • Checking to see if a data point was updated to a certain value from the other Zap that goes from email to CRM
  • Action: Filter