Question

How Do I Stop A New Stripe Subscription If Conditions Are Met?

• 8 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I have built a zap (in 2 steps)

• The first one triggers when someone enrols in my Thinkific course.
  • A Google calendar event is created 12 months into the future via this method 
  • A new Stripe subscription is created

Step 2

• The old Stripe subscription is cancelled
  • A new Stripe subscription is created

So before the new Stripe subscription is created I wanted to give the customer the option to opt to proceed with the new subscription. What can I use. I have have tried a filter but does not seem to give me the options I need.

I considered sending them an email in ActiveCampaign asking them to click a button in the email if they are opting to proceed. The button click will give them a tag in ActiveCampiagn and I would like that to be used to signal that the zap should proceed. Are there any other ideas that may work?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sublime Trading:slight_smile:

Hmm, if you went down the route of sending them the opt in email, then you’d likely want to add a delay to the Zap to allow some time for the user to opt in or not. Followed by a Find Customer search step to look for the customer in ActiveCampaign to get any updated information. Then you would have a Filter step check the output of the search step to verify whether the tag was added.

How does that sound?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB Hi, sounds good thanks. I’m going to explore this option, appreciate the response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re most welcome, @Sublime Trading!

Please do keep us in the loop on how it goes! :relaxed: