Best answer

How do I split Likert scale responses from WPForms into separate columns in my Google Sheets using Zapier

• 14 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to build a Zap between WP Forms and Google Sheet where Likert Scale fields have been used. I need to split the data on the Likert Scale into the individual responses. 

For example, the form asks:

Answer these questions regarding the didactic (self-paced) online portion of the course

1. The objectives of the ERA Recertification course were clear and met by the online course instruction:
  2. Reviewing the ERA textbook was helpful:
  3. For my immersive course, I chose a topic I am unfamiliar with:    

For each one the user selects either: Strongly Agree, Agree, Somewhat Agree, Disagree, or Strongly Disagree.

I need the output in the Google Sheet to break it out so that each of the three questions/responses is its own column. When I try to use a Formatter Step and set the separator to the “:” I get the response I need, but I also get the beginner of the next question. For example, the output is…

1 The objectives of the ERA Recertification course were clear and met by the online course instruction

2 Strongly Agree Reviewing the ERA textbook was helpful

3 Strongly Agree For my immersive course I chose a topic I am unfamiliar with

4 Somewhat Agree

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 May 2024, 21:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dietz Group 

For us to have more context, post screenshots of the Step 1 DATA OUT so we can see how the data is structured for those fields.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone the data from the WP Forms looks like this in Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dietz Group 

The Q&A is a blob of text that looks to be separated by line breaks.

• Q
  • A
  • Q
  • A

You can use a Formatter > Text > Split option with the setting to return each a it’s own variable.

If the same Q&A will always appear, then then every other variable would be a Q or an A that you can map to GSheet columns

Userlevel 1

Thanks that was really helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to see Troy was able to point you in the right direction here, @Dietz Group! Great work @Troy Tessalone! 🙌

Sounds like you might be all set for the moment, but if anything changes just reach out in the Community again to let us know. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡