Question

How do I split event names in Google Calendar into first and last names for use in Zapier?

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there,
I'm using Google Calendar with Zapier for event management and collecting attendee info like First Name, Last Name, and Email.

The problem is when the event’s name is created in this format: "EVENT NAME - (First Name Last Name)".

I need Zapier to recognize "First Name" and "Last Name" as separate fields, but currently, it treats them as one.

I want to use those fields in a Zapier Table.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Appreciate any tips! Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Diego Maury 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured, thanks..

sorry i forgot to specify that it was an Google Calendar - Intercom integration. 

Step 1: User makes an appointment in Google Calendar. Input: Name / Last Name / Email

Step 2: Google Calendar Creates an event. Notice how the format is NAME OF EVENT (NAME LAST NAME) In this case for privacy i’m using my own name, but let’s just say that it should NOT say Diego in parenthesis.

Step 3: Google Calendar and Intercom automation. The name of the attendee is not shown

Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Diego Maury 

You may have to do data parsing to isolate the name from the GCal Event Title.

Related reference: