Question

How do I split comma-separated ShipStation order data into separate Monday.com columns using Zapier?

• 13 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello! 

I am trying to inherit order data from Shipstation to a monday.com board.

On orders with multiple line items - Shipstation adds them but as comma-separated values. It does this on the product name, part number, and quantity. I was able to format and split the text in the Formatter by Zapier - but when I send it all to Monday.com it gets sent as one Item (Column) and doesn't know to split those fields into multiple columns. 

For clarity - right now it’s outputting:

Order number - Quantity, 1,1,1, Product Code, 1234,4567,2736, and product name (Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner) all into one Monday board/item instead of splitting the quantity - product code, and product name into multiple Monday boards/items.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @benihana242 

The data is likely output from ShipStation as an array of line items, so you may not need to use a Formatter step to split the data.

You can iterate thru each line item using this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Item

Help with Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @benihana242 ,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.