Question

How do I sort MailerLite subscribers into different groups based on their WordPress role?

• 1 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m using zapier to capture new members on my wordpress site. It works fine to just grab every member and add them to the same group.

But I’d like to be able to check for specific WORDPRESS ROLES and then sort Mailerlite subscribers to a different group depending on their ROLE. These roles are created via s2member.

How can I do this? I’m looking at the Only Continue If… feature within my Zap but I’m not sure exact how to set it up for the roles. There is a “roles” in the first box but it seems to only capture the top level role, I need separate groups for each level (1-4)

Thanks for any help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @eli-east 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with the data returned from WordPress related to roles to help us have more context.

Apologies but I’m not sure exactly what you want me to take a screenshot of. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eli-east 

The roles values from WordPress that you are trying to use in the Filter.

Please post screenshots with the data returned from WordPress related to roles to help us have more context.

Above is a screenshot from wordpress, the 4 highlighted roles need separate mailerlite groups through zaiper. “Caress, Canoodle, Smooch, Kiss”

This screenshot is what I see in the “Only Continue If...” panel on zapier when I try to filter by roles. “Roles : s2member_level4”. 

If I select that “Roles: s2member_level4” and then write in one of the levels it tells me the zap would not have continued.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eli-east 

The Filter warning is correct because the Zap trigger example data from WordPress in Step 1 has a Roles  value of “s2member_level4” which does not contain “Canoodle”.

Help article on how to change the trigger test data to test different scenarios: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Also, the display values you see in WordPress may have different internal IDs that get passed to Zapier. (You’ll have to test to determine this.)

Is there a way on zapier to make the Roles just basic Roles and not include the “s2member_level4”? Why is it listing it that way? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@eli-east 

Data is sent from WordPress to Zapier.

You’ll have to do more testing to determine what value comes thru for each of those Roles.

Then you can adjust the Filter conditions accordingly.